In the news: The age-old battle between health advocates and tobacco/nicotine proponents never really stopped; it only seemed to take a pause long enough to allow more science to pile up against the use of them.
Last June I wrote New study reignites flame linking cigarettes and schizophrenia (Examiner.com). That was only a tiny piece of the puzzle. While that article covered cigarettes, it didn’t include the other related hot topic: Electronic cigarettes (or e-cigarettes).
In terms of this battle now that e-cigarettes have taken on a share of the market, things are really starting to heat up.
And so…, the debates and arguments against both cigarettes and e-cigarettes continue…
- E-cigarettes damage DNA in lab study – Miami Herald
- Smoking ban for pubic housing residents – missouriadvocate.com
- E-cigarette rule hurting NZ’s poorest – Radio New Zealand News
For research and possible solutions:
- Smoking & Tobacco Use page – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Smoking and Tobacco (+ The Missouri Tobacco Quitline) – Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services